The steps for configuring Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for a site are the same in IIS 7 and IIS 6.0
Their are few may ways to install or renew SSL for the domains running under IIS server, generally in the real time environment ssl provider willl sent the file with exetension .key .csr .crt .ca in Linux there are nothing complicated but here we have to follow few more setps, one of the easyst way that I mentntioned here.
First thing we may have to import the certificate file over IIS management console it only support .pfx file so we have to gerate the file from the given files like .crt .key. , to complete this jon there is a simple command line tool available on both windows and linux called openssl
The below steps will provide .pfx file :
#Password is optional root@server [~]# openssl pkcs12 -export -in mydomain.com.crt -inkey mydomain.com.key -name mydomain.com -passout pass:PASSWORD -out mydomain.com.pfx
- Open the IIS Manager by going to Start > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Under Connections click your server’s Hostname.
- In the center window pane, scroll down to and Double-Click the Server Certificates icon.
5. Select the new .pfx file and import with name. Now we can see the the imported file under server certificate
6. Under the Connections window pane, expand your server’s computer name, then click the Site that you want to enable SSL on.
7. Actions menu click Bindings…
8. then select the binding for https and click ‘Edit‘.
9. In the ‘SSL certificate:’ drop-down menu select your newly-installed SSL Certificate by it’s friendly name, and click Ok.
New SSL Certificate should now be installed on server.